WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Friday, January 28, 2011

January 28

“One of the most majestic things about Jesus was the way He stood before Pilate and said nothing.....His silence was so deep, all who beheld it must have known that kind of silence is possible only with God.”  Eugenia Price, S.P.S., 1/28

Silence.   They say the best teacher is experience so rather than write about silence I will be silent for the next 5 minutes and what comes to you will be your devotional for the day!
















“But the LORD is in his holy temple; let all the earth keep silence before him.”  Habakkuk 2:20

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this blog, Cathy. I spent 20 minutes doing an MRI on my brain today and while I was in there, I actually used that time as my silent time. . .in spite of all of the banging. -Debra-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silence is "golden". I felt like it was rest for my soul. A renewing experience. Time to reflect on so many blessings in my life that I am truly grateful for. <3

    ReplyDelete