WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Prayer for Gratitude - Don Miguel Ruiz

     Today, Creator of the Universe, my heart is filled with gratitude for the gift of life you have given me.  Thank you for the opportunity to experience this beautiful body and this wonderful mind.
     Today, Lord, I want to express my gratitude for everything I have received from you.  I know the way to say thank you for life is by fully enjoying every moment of my life.  And the only way to enjoy every moment is to love.
     Today, I will express all the love and happiness that exist in my heart.  I will love your creations, I will love myself, and I will love the people who live with me.  I know that life is too short to waste in misery and drama with the people I love.  I will enjoy the presence of the people I love, respecting their choices in life as I respect my own.
     Today, I will graciously receive your gifts by enjoying your gifts, by enjoying the beauty of all your creation.  Help me to be as generous as you are, to share what I have with generosity, just as you share your gifts so generously with me.  Help me to become a master of gratitude, generosity, and love so that I can enjoy all of your creations.
     Today, Lord, help me to manifest my creation as you manifest the universe, to express the beauty of my spirit in the supreme art of the human:  the art of [living] my life.
     Today, Lord, I give you all of my gratitude and love because you have given me life.  Amen

"Prayers - A Communion with our Creator", Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment