WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Monday, June 20, 2011

Prayer for Humanity - Don Miguel Ruiz

     Today, Lord, help me to deliver the real message of humanity:  the message of joy and love.  Help me to deliver this message to my own mind, to that part of me that is always judging and abusing me.  Let me deliver this message to that part of me that judges other humans.
     Beginning today, help me to free my mind from all the false messages I deliver to myself, to every human, to every life form on this beautiful planet.
     Today, Lord, I will manifest your love in every word I express, in every action I take, so that everything I do becomes a ritual of love for you.  I love you so much that I can see you everywhere.  There is no way you can hide from me because my love will always find you.
     Beginning today, I will respect every creation and treat every creation the way I respect and treat you.  I will see you in the eyes of all humans---behind their masks, behind the images they pretend to be.   I will respect the life that manifests through me, so that every time I see myself in the mirror, I see the beauty of your manifestation.
     Thank you, Lord, for creating me, so that I can perceive the beauty of your manifestation.  Thank you for giving me an emotional body, so that I can be in ecstasy just by feeling your divine presence.  I know that you are my life force, my Creator.  Together we can create the most beautiful dream---a dream of love and peace and joy.  Together we can create heaven on Earth, to the eternal happiness of humanity.  Amen

"Prayers - A Communion with our Creator", Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment