WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Friday, June 17, 2011

Prayer for Love - Don Miguel Ruiz

     Today, Lord, help me to accept myself the way I am, without judgment.  Help me to accept my mind the way it is, with all my emotions, my hopes and dreams, and my unique personality.  Help me to accept my body the way it is, with all its beauty and perfection.
     Today, Lord, clean my mind of emotional poison and self-judgment, so that I can live in peace and love.  Let the love for myself be so strong that I never again reject myself or sabotage my happiness and personal freedom.  Let me love and accept myself without judgment, because when I judge myself, I find myself guilty, and then need to punish myself.  With the power of self-love, let all my relationships be based on love and respect.  Help me to let go of the need to tell others how to think or how to be.  Let me accept the people I love just the way they are, without judgment, because when I judge them and blame them, I find them guilty, and want to punish them.  Help me, Lord, to love everything you create with no conditions, because when I reject your creation, I reject you.
     Today, Lord, help me to start my life over with the power of self-love.  Help me to explore life, to take risks, and to love myself unconditionally.  Let me open my heart to the love that is my birthright so that I can share my love wherever I go.  Amen

"Prayers - A Communion with our Creator", Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment