WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Saturday, April 30, 2011

April 30


“It would be impossible to love as God loves us without His being constantly aware of us.  Dr. Albert Day says we can think of our moment of most intense concentration upon the one we love above all others in the world, multiply this by infinity, and still not realize how acutely God is aware of each of us every minute of our lives!”  Eugenia Price, S.P.S., 4/30

I know what Eugenia is talking about--this aspect of love....aware of the one you love.  Isn’t that what women thrive on in a relationship, and men as well, especially when they’re dating--the fact that the other person notices everything about them?  We women can feel unloved if our man doesn’t notice we’ve changed our hair in some way or have bought a new dress or tried a new recipe.  Men will feel unloved if we women haven’t noticed something they’ve done like a chore around the house or the extra muscle they’ve built after diligent exercise.  But these sorts of things can easily become lost in the day-to-day reality of life after the newness of the relationship has worn off.  How wonderful it is to know that God never stops being aware of us!  He notices every little nuance of our lives and cares.  He promises to always be there for us.  Of course, it’s nice to be noticed by the people you love because you then feel loved back, but in the scheme of things, knowing that God loves me and always notices me is far grander.  It also makes me realize how God must really love it when I’m aware of Him.  What a wonderful way for me to express my love for Him!

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground without your Father’s will.  But even the hairs of your head are all numbered.  Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.”  Matthew 10:29-31

No comments:

Post a Comment