WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4

“....and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”  Galatians 2:20b (KJV)

Words are so inadequate at times!  The difference between OF and IN can change the entire meaning in a sentence.  The Revised Standard Version says “I live by the faith IN the Son of God”.  Eugenia Price used the King James Version of Galatians 2:20 which says “I live by the faith OF the Son of God” to show me that God not only gives me the faith to believe in Him to begin with but He also gives me the faith for my daily living.  Just as Christ died on the cross for me to save me from my sins, He continues to save me daily from my flesh.  Could this be what He means when He says I must take up MY cross and follow Him?  His cross has become my cross as well and it is in realizing it--that I was crucified with Him--that I am enabled to follow Him because it is His faith that I now possess.  This changes everything for me.

“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me; and the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in (of) the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”  Galatians 2:20

No comments:

Post a Comment