WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Prayer for Forgiveness - Don Miguel Ruiz

     Today, Creator, grant me the courage and the will to forgive the people I love the most.  Help me to forgive every injustice I feel in my mind, and to love other people unconditionally.  I know the only way to heal all the pain in my heart is through forgiveness.  
     Today, Creator, strengthen my will to forgive everyone who has hurt me, even if I believe the offense is unforgivable.  I know that forgiveness is an act of self-love.  Help me to love myself so much that I forgive every offense.  Let me choose forgiveness because I don't want to suffer every time I remember the offense.
     Today, Creator, help me to heal all the guilt in my heart by accepting the forgiveness of everyone I have hurt in my life.  Help me to sincerely recognize the mistakes I have made out of ignorance, and give me the wisdom and determination to refrain from making the same mistakes.  I know that love and forgiveness will transform every relationship in the most positive way.  Thank you, Creator, for giving me the capacity to love and forgive.  
     Today, I open my heart to love and forgiveness so that I can share my love without fear.  Today I will enjoy a reunion with the people I love the most.  Amen

"Prayers - A Communion with our Creator", Don Miguel Ruiz

No comments:

Post a Comment