WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

WRITING A DEVOTIONAL

Back in 2003 after having spent the year before reading Sarah Ban Breathnach's book "Simple Abundance" I took her suggestion to heart and wrote my own daily devotional. Each day I took a line or two from one of the various spiritual authors from the last three centuries I was reading and wrote my own thoughts on the subject. I then looked for a scripture that illustrated the truth that had been revealed to me. What follows is the result.

"Our greatest bondage is to have our own way; our greatest freedom is to let God have His way." Warren Wiersbe

Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20

“Even if you don’t feel anything, go on about your day, claiming His Presence every time a shadow crosses your mind.”  Eugenia Price, S.P.S., 1/8
I’m having one of those days when I don’t feel God’s Presence.  He can’t possibly be in me today my feelings tell me--not MY God.  MY God would make me feel bright and cheery.  So this whole notion of “acting as if” He is in me and I in him seems exactly like that---pretending.  But claiming God Presence has a totally different feel to it.  When we claim something it is because it’s already ours.  It’s either waiting for us somewhere else and we have to go pick it up, or it’s right here and we just need to raise our hand and say here I am, that’s mine.  So, Lord, I’m raising my hand and trusting, by faith, that your Presence will shine through me even though I don’t feel it.

“I will not leave you desolate; I will come to you.”  John 14:18

No comments:

Post a Comment